- This event has passed.
R&D TI Seminar – this event has been cancelled
18th March 2020 @ 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Representatives from KPMG’s Innovation & Growth team and IRD Policy & Operations team will be presenting this Seminar.
The Research & Development Tax Incentive (R&D TI) became law in May 2019 – backdated to be effective from the start of the 2019-20 income year (that for most, ends 31 March 2020).
The aim of the R&D TI is to provide a 15% tax credit as an incentive for performing or contracting for performing R&D – that is broadly defined as activities to create new knowledge or new or improved processes, services or goods.
Eligibility for accessing the R&D TI is $50,000pa eligible R&D spend (or, if below this threshold, the cost of eligible R&D contracted from an Approved Research Provider).
With 31 March being the conclusion of the 2019-20 income year for most businesses, this seminar will provide an opportunity to understand the requirements of the regime:
- The definition of R&D;
- How to claim for the 2019-20 income year;
- How to present claims;
- How to register for the regime;
- What the claim form looks like and what information is required;
- Eligible costs and activities;
- In-year Approval of R&D for the 2020-21 year;
- What supporting documentation businesses need to hold in support of their claims.
We hope you can join us.
When: 12pm – 1.30pm Wednesday 18 March 2020 (Please note this is a BYO lunch session)
Where: Confluence, 15 Watt Street, Whanganui